Do Me A Favour - Drop Dead
Keith Devery arrived in the small town of Wicksteed with a criminal record and a lot of ambition. And when he met Frank Marshall, a local drunk who was about to inherit a million dollars, he knew that here was a golden opportunity to get back into the big league. Marshall's mysterious wife Beth agreed with him...and together they ruthlessly plotted a perfect murder. Then Keith found that he had himself been set up...and that Beth had plans of her own once the money was hers...
Extract:
'Suppose we cut out the Frank thing, huh?' He reached his glass and took a long drink. 'Suppose we say Mr. Marshall, huh? No unfriendly feelings...just status symbol, huh?
'Why sure, Mr. Marshall.' We looked at each other. He laughed: an uneasy, embarrassed laugh. 'Go along with me, son. I'm feeling like a millionaire.'
You fat, drunken sonofbitch, I thought, I'll go along with you only because I want to screw your wife. ( from Do Me A Favour- Drop Dead, 1976)

No comments: