Hand Me A Fig Leaf
I need a detective. My grandson has disappeared. The local police have no interest. I rely on you to find the boy for me...
Colonel Parnell, boss of the Parnell Detective Agency, assigns Dirk Wallace to the job. It looks a simple enough case, untill Wallace arrives at Searle, the small gossip-ridden town where the sender of the letter runs a frog-farm. Against a background of croaking frogs, deceit and murder, Wallace search for the boy becomes not only complicated, but deadly...
Extract:
"Anything can happen in this crazy world. Old Fred was eating his lunch. Then he stopped eating and decided to shoot himself. He promptly shot himself and then hid the gun. After I have found him dead, he took the gun from its hiding-place and put it under his chair, then went back to being dead again. As I say, anything can happen in this crazy world." ( from Hand Me A Fig-Leaf, 1981)

No comments: